The City of St. Catharines’ Climate Adaptation Plan outlines a variety of climate action goals to address the local impacts of climate change on municipal operations and services.
Moving towards a climate resilient future requires attainable action and monitoring progress. Review the six climate action goals outlined in the Climate Adaptation Plan:
- Prepare for hotter summers
- Prepare for and respond to extreme weather events
- Develop a flood prevention strategy
- Improve stormwater management including the use of green infrastructure
- Prepare for high Lake Ontario water levels
- Re-think how the city addresses climate change